7 Tips to help you choose the right course and college by Gail Lowe Principal
Choosing a massage course can be a minefield these days even for me with 29 years professional experience as a massage therapist and trainer!
- Choose a course which is registered and accredited and is recommended on the government Qualifications Curriculum Framework - QCF. All ITEC courses are OFQUAL regulated
- If you are looking for a change of career and a full time successful business then a level 3 Diploma is essential because it includes the core subjects:
- Anatomy and Physiology:
- Business and Complementary Therapies Assignments
- Massage, Reflexology or Aromatherapy practical and theory
- Case studies and individual treatments
Awards and Certificates only teach you the practical unit which is not enough knowledge
- You need an experienced tutor! I believe that you are initially only as good as the therapist that teaches you! I have 29 years as a successful massage therapist working with the NHS and share my industry experience to help you in your new venture
- You need a good technique! I am a massage therapist, not a beautician. I will teach you one of the most thorough massage techniques in the industry which will set you above your competition from the beginning! Massage video click here!
- Good reputation and pass rate, talk to therapists who have trained here! I have maintained a consistent 100% pass rate and below 5% drop out rate for 10 years and have taught over 1500 therapists who have gone on to start there own successful businesses. Click here
- Which course to start with? The massage diploma is the best foundation course for the industry. It includes all the core subjects necessary to set up in business and start your own practice. It is the best grounding to further progress to other specialities and has less case studies and individual treatments than the Reflexology and Aromatherapy courses.
- Online or classroom based courses! You can learn the Anatomy and Physiology, assignments and theory of the diploma's online. You can also learn the massage technique online but if you want to be proficient and develop skill you do need to attend class so that I can correct your technique and your posture and bring the A&P alive and make it more relevent to your massage, which is ultimately very important long term.
ITEC Level 3 Diploma courses taught at Devon Academy!
Post Graduate Courses for qualified therapists
Post graduate workshops
Devon Academy is a registered ITEC college whose courses are recognized and accredited by FHT: CThA: AOR: IFPA: and all other professional bodies. It maintains the highest standards set by the government and other organizations for Complementary Therapies. Click here for more about us
Although the syllabus for ITEC, VTCT and C&G have now been standardized, ITEC is the only awarding organization to examine externally with theory exam papers and external ITEC examiner rather than by continual assessment which means their qualifications are always going to be a higher standard.
Courses & Date information can be found here Take Me There