Pre-requisite: Body massage or the equivelent
Indian Head Massage has been adopted from Ancient Indian "Ayurvedic" techniques to ease tension and strain in the shoulders, head, neck, scalp and face. The treatment can be performed anywhere with or without clothing and is currently the most popular of complementary therapies in the UK. Particularly popular with elderly and pregnant clients who have difficulty lying down or are reluctant to disrobe.
Course Syllabus: Click here for Syllabus
- Theory and Practise of IHM
- History of Indian Head Massage
- Indian Head Massage mediums
- Chakra Balancing
- Related Anatomy and Physiology
This fast track course is reliant on students learning the theory aspect of this course at home in their own time. Once enrolment takes place the handouts will be sent out for students to start there learning. Revision will be scheduled on Module two before the mocks are taken,
- Indian Head Massage by Helen McGuiness.
- Theory - Multiple choice 25 question paper
- Practical - Approximately 30 minute practical treatment
- 3 Clients x 3 times - completed and sent in one month prior to the examination for marking
- Case study and course work file must be produced for examiner review
What to bring:
- One large towel (bath sheet)
- One small towel
- 2 folders with dividers and plastic wallets
- Antiseptic hand wash
- Antibacteriacidal hand gel
Devon Academy of Complementary Therapies,
Basepoint Business Centre, Yeoford Way, Marsh Barton, Exeter, EX2 8LB, UK.
Tel: +44 1392 826 033 | e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2005 Devon Academy of Complementary Therapies. All Rights Reserved. Last modified: 18 November, 2013.
Devon Academy specialises in intensive massage training for students looking for a change of career.
Our tutors have over 26 years experience as therapists and are offering a full programme of support, training, advise and mentoring for your new business!