|Indian Head Massage||May 2013 - FTIHM09 -- ITEC Level 3 Indian Head Massage Diploma £399|
|Module One||Monday 20th May to Tuesday 21st May 2013|
|Module Two||Monday 24th June to Tuesday 25th June 2013|
Exam Sat 31st August and Sun 1st September 2013
Devon Academy specialises in "Fast Track" Indian Head Massage courses. Our practical technique combines the ancient ayurvedic techniques with the best and most thorough of the western movements; our clients love it and come back for more again and again. Students will learn to perform treatments to suit all client needs. Students must be prepared to allocate at least 2 hours per week study and to complete 9 case studies. Classes are small allowing much individual tuition so book early on this course to avoid disappointment.
Pre-requisite: None, but ITEC recommend an educational background of five GCSE's or the equivelent. If you are a complete beginner you will need to study all three units concurrently:
- Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology (Click here for link) £399
- Business Awareness and Professional Conduct £50
- Indian Head MassageTheory and Practical £399
For those students who already have an Anatomy & Physiology Diploma and Business Awareness and Professional Conduct Diploma
Certificates must be sent in upon enrolment as proof of Approved Prior Learning (APL)
Indian Head Massage has been adopted from Ancient Indian "Ayurvedic" techniques to ease tension and strain in the shoulders, head, neck, scalp and face. The treatment can be performed anywhere with or without clothing and is currently the most popular of complementary therapies in the UK. Particularly popular with elderly and pregnant clients who have difficulty lying down or are reluctant to disrobe.
Course Syllabus: Click here for Syllabus
- Theory and Practise of IHM
- History of Indian Head Massage
- Indian Head Massage mediums
- Chakra Balancing
- Related Anatomy and Physiology
- Indian Head Massage by Helen McGuiness.
- Theory - Multiple choice 25 question paper
- Practical - Approximately 30 minute practical treatment
- Anatomy and Physiology - Multiple choice 50 question paper
- Business Awareness and Professional Conduct - Multiple choice 50 question paper
- 3 Clients x 3 times - completed and sent in one month prior to the examination for marking
- Case study and course work file must be produced for examiner review
- Course fees are payable upon enrolment so that the handouts can be sent out and your learning of the theory for IHM can begin straight away.
- Examination Fee: £99 Payable on arrival of Module One in cash or cheque
What to bring:
- One large towel (bath sheet)
- One small towel
- 2 folders with dividers and plastic wallets
- Antiseptic hand wash
- Antibacteriacidal hand gel
Student Pack - Available to hire at Devon Academy includes:
2 Towels - One Hand towel and one Bath shee
Antibacteriacidal hand gel or spray
Devon Academy of Complementary Therapies,
Basepoint Business Centre, Yeoford Way, Marsh Barton, Exeter, EX2 8LB, UK.
Tel: +44 1392 826 033 | e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2005 Devon Academy of Complementary Therapies. All Rights Reserved. Last modified: 23 April, 2013.
Devon Academy specialises in intensive massage training for students looking for a change of career.
Our tutors have over 26 years experience as therapists and are offering a full programme of support, training, advise and mentoring for your new business!