Skip Main Content
Learn how to massage seated on-site for immobile and pregnant clients.
An enjoyable post graduate course for qualified therapists.
Anywhere! Any Time! Any Place!
Pre-requisite: Body massage qualification
Next Course: Saturday 24th November 2012
Course Times: 10.00am - 3.00pm Fees: £69
- On-Site massage as its name suggests is performed sitting in a chair, anywhere
at any time and requires no specific equipment. It is a very useful technique for
any therapist to use at exhibitions, in an office environment, for pregnant ladies
and the elderly who have difficulty climbing onto or lying face downwards on
- The unique sitting position of your client allows you to very effectively treat muscles of the back, shoulder and neck, such as the supraspinatus, trapezius, splenius capitus etc Muscles which when lying down are often overlooked or difficult to access.
- Unlike other On-site or seated massage courses, you will learn two different techniques, one which can be performed through clothes without oil and one which can be performed with oil on the skin. You can then adapt these treatments to the needs of all clients, any time, any place. A versatile treatment which may be performed prior to your usual treatment to increase efficacy.
- These movements are also very suitable to add to an Indian Head Massage to really work more effectively on lactic acid crystals and muscular adhesions
Please bring with you:
- Pen and paper
- Body massage certificate
- 1 Large bath sheet
- Antibacterial hand wash
A certificate of attendance will be awarded on completion of this course!
Please revise the Anatomy and physiology of the back, shoulders and neck prior to attendance!
- Gail is very confident about her field of expertise and teaches it well. LT June 2012
- Enjoyed the recap on muscles before practical teaching, good demonstration both through clothes and with oil, lots of hands on practice, giving and receiving. MVC June 2012
- Good teaching facilities and close to home, I wanted to learn something portable, which I did with great technical expertise VB June 2011
- Good routine for oil massage, convenient and friendly location. PC June 2012
- Good knowledgeable tutors, learning new techniques and adapting them to other therapies JG June 12
- Small groups make it easier to get 1 to 1 feedback if unsure of specific move or point. Tutors are friendly and its like having a chat about something whilst being given lots of relevant information RR jUNE 12